Tuesday, January 1, 2008

PROFILE - STUART MCPHEE

In his former professional life, Stuart was a full time Army officer in the Australian Army. He graduated from the Royal Military College, Duntroon (the Australian Army's highly renowned officer training institution) and spent 10 years in the Australian Army.

His professional highlight was being selected for two years as an exchange instructor with the US Army in El Paso, Texas during 1997 and 1998. He was subsequently awarded the Meritorious Service Medal from the US Government for his performance in this appointment.

This is where he acquired most of his skills as an educator and has since used them extensively with the personal coaching work he has done.

Stuart is recognised as one of the leading trading coaches in Australia. More importantly, he is one of the very few people who makes the effort to coach traders personally in their own homes at their trading desk, as opposed to cramming heaps of people into a seminar room.

He started trading in 1996, however in January 2000, he resigned from the Army and began to trade his own account very actively as well as regularly conducting personal coaching, helping fellow traders discover a trading approach that is right for them.

To date Stuart has authored numerous best selling trading books and courses including Trading in a Nutshell, 3rd Edition and the MetaStock Programming Study Guide (co-author).

Stuart has also contributed to a number of daily newsletter services and written training notes for national training companies.

Stuart wrote the foreword and was interviewed for the book 'The Complete Guide to Investing in Short Term Trading' by Alan Northcott, published in 2007.

He has a Bachelor of Professional Studies from the University of New England and a Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and Investment from the Securities Institute of Australia.

Stuart has presented lectures at the Australian Securities Exchange, at Traders' Expos around Australia, for the Australian Technical Analysts Association, for the Society of Technical Analysts of New Zealand, and at the Asia Trader and Investor Convention in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Ho Chi Minh City, Shenzhen, Mumbai and Bangkok. Stuart has been interviewed by the leading Chinese trading magazine (Weekly on Stocks), and the VN Express newspaper in Ho Chi Minh City

Stuart now trades professionally, actively coaches traders on a personal level, and runs workshops throughout South East Asia concentrating in Singapore and Malaysia. He also regularly speaks to smaller traders clubs and informal groups of traders and investor clubs.

Stuart advises that "Trading is like any other profession. You need to learn the basics, then develop and hone your skills through application. You are only going to succeed if you commit yourself to the task, as the only thing stopping you being highly profitable is yourself!"

Stuart truly understands the importance of you finding a trading plan and approach that is right for you. With his honest and clear style, he has helped thousands of people with their personal trading. He is an excellent motivator, teacher, and technically competent, and now it is your turn to be helped.

Stuart with two of his mentors, Daryl Guppy and Brent Penfold at a function in Shenzhen.

TESTIMONIES

"The coaching session was absolutely brilliant, and well beyond my expectations. You are a superb communicator and teacher, and I could not have been more impressed. I am a notoriously difficult person to impress, hence this praise is not simply hyperbole or being polite.

I have also read your book in totality, and also consider this to be a brilliant resource. I found the book to be succinct yet thorough, and most importantly application-orientated. It supplemented the session very well, and I will use it as an ongoing resource in my time ahead."

Greg Hughes, Private Trader

"Our three hour training session was very productive and highlighted some basic errors with designing my trading system and money management.

It is my only regret that I did not employ your services much earlier. I would have saved more than 10 times your fees in losses!

I wish you all the success in assisting other traders to fulfill their potential. I know I am now traveling down that road."

Stephen Warden, Private Trader

"Today was exactly what I needed. You highlighted for me very clearly some fundamental errors in my approach to the market and to the fact that I did not have a complete Trading Plan.
The most important areas identified were Money Management Rules and Position Sizing.

I have been trading full time now for 8 months and was getting frustrated at the number and size of Win to Losses when the direction the market headed was as planned.

The notes we made through the day provided me the guidance to systematically review my previous trades and take corrective action in my approach.

Thanks - It was the best thing I have done in 6 months!"

Gerard Hogan, Private Trader

"As you know, I have previously attended extensive training about trading but today, you made things sound so much clearer for me.

I now know some of the basic things that I could be doing a lot better and know that I am going to achieve far greater results thanks to your time today.

It was excellent."

Chris McCarthy, Private Trader

Visit http://www.trading-plan.com/ for more information about Stuart McPhee

0 comments. Click here to post your comments:

Post a Comment

Click here to post your comments